Wednesday, July 4, 2007

A friend, indeed...

She bears my pain, my sorrow, my every little trouble… she shows up every time I'm lonely.. she seems to keep an eye on me cause she knows just when i need her the most!

She consoles me, comforts me and just tells me that its all going to be fine.. there are times when you already know that the problem in front of you has no solution.. all you can do is give it time and expect things to get back to normal… that is when you need someone just to tell you that they will… to tell you that everything will be as good as it was..
that one word of consolation can do wonders at a tender moment.. she plays this trick with utmost ease!


She seems to lift me up like a feather, when I'm feeling heavy with what seems like the world's burden on my shoulders. She manages to drain guilt out of me in no time.When I feel like it's the end, she convinces me not to give up. It's almost as if I look at life differently by the time she's gone!

To think that she doesn't visit me during my happy hours.. wouldn't one wish to share their happiness with someone so dear to them?

She's tiny and sits at the corner of my eye..

17 comments:

siddharth b said...

i think 'pendulum' is very apt for u ;)

Bad Cow Pun said...

Welcome to blogdom!
Gr8 start!
but how did u decide if it's a he or she? :P

Nilanjana said...

darling! so you gave in too, huh? not bad, not bad at all :) i liked your post. and don't let my roomie's stupid doubts stop you in your tracks
:P

Saurya Chakraborty said...

heyy...decent start...now do as stereotype dictates,,and setup a blogroll

Ankeet Bhat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ankeet Bhat said...

hey sonam...........FFiNAllyyy th blog......well i liked it lot.....
simple yet beautifully described......throwing all ur emotions out i guess....
well thts th way it is smtimes....left me guessin fr a while;loved th endin.....pendulum is so fit fr u...|:P

Mandava Harsha Vardhan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandava Harsha Vardhan said...

I can't even say welcome to the world of blogging...Seriously I think good friends don't need to really keep meeting each other after a while. They should have a tacit understanding. It is casual acquitainces that demand time. Anyway, I will say it again- you should have been a ___

sonam said...

@shuchi:it is a part of me... so it had to be a she.

@ankeet:thanx!

@harsha:i agree with you on the rest of it.. but im happy as i am!

aaron said...

Heyy Dum...i thot ull hang on wid me till the end...chalo...no deal if uve finally fallen...
anyway,keep swinging out ere on ur sweet pendulum start..and ya its good to see that ur thoughts are having no put-on stuff...

waiting to see whre all the pendulum sways.. especially wid the next sem at the doorstep ;)

Unknown said...

:)

Sap said...

i was generally blog-hopping, when i landed here! i didnt expect much, but your post here left me dumbstruck! i am always a believer of the little things in life that makes you happy. this was one of them!

cheers!

Utsav said...

bulls eye!

divya said...

i never realised she was my friend! but as u always make me believe.. :)
good start..! jus hang on there!

Anonymous said...

great post.a friend is like an apple. Leave it and it will rot away, bite it and u have a part of it with you forever.(not biologically correct that statement)
welcome to blogdom. :)

Pallav said...

whoa! an unbelivably melancholic revelation!!... never knew she visited u!
i wish we hadnt grown a lil too old for her visits, ironically i miss her :P ...
neway, gr8 start!! hangin on for more..

Stargazer said...

Dreamer. :-)
Welcome to blogger land.